IT managers today want to embrace the power of cloud computing, but have a host of concerns about making the transition. From security risk, application and data migration complexity, to training and personnel issues, there are a number of factors to consider when evaluating which cloud architecture would be right for an organization.
To ensure that both technology and business risks are mitigated and that the business can take advantage of many of the benefits of cloud computing, organizations need to invest time in finding the right cloud architecture.
Join GigaOM Pro and Rackspace at our upcoming webinar, The Optimal Cloud: Finding the Business Cloud Architecture That Works for You. This free one-hour roundtable webinar will take place on April 27, 2011 at 10 a.m. PDT. You will hear from experts discussing the benefits and downsides of various cloud architectures and how you can apply this to your business.
Our panel of cloud experts includes:
- Paul Miller – Cloud Curator, GigaOM Pro – Moderator
- Michael Dortch – Principal, DortchOnIT and GigaOM Pro member analyst
- Lisa Larson – VP of Technical Sales, Rackspace
- Bernard Golden – CEO, HyperStratus and GigaOM Pro member analyst
Some of the subjects we’ll discuss:
- How to balance the use of public clouds with private infrastructure behind the enterprise firewall
- The benefits of local, on-premise cloud computing across a number of vectors such as security, uptime, and access and performance
- The benefits of using public cloud resources in your business, such as scalability, performance and redundancy
- Understanding migration, integration and administration impacts of various cloud architectures
- How to optimize cloud architecture to meet the needs of both the functional and line of business level
This free webinar will take place Wednesday, April 27 at 10 a.m. PDT. Register today to learn from cloud architecture experts.
This is the third webinar in a five-part series with Rackspace on the future of the business and enterprise cloud.