As is usually the case, the second quarter in tech was packed with ups and downs across all markets. To help you catch up and keep track of all the news, IPOs, product releases and developments that happened over the past three months, our analysts have once again bundled the many noteworthy events together into quarterly wrap-ups. We’ll be publishing one each day this week, and updating the links below as these reports go live. Check out what we’ve published already, and what’s in store:
- Cleantech (published Monday 7/16): Tesla released its Model S sedan, and Dell and HP each announced new low-power servers.
- Cloud (published Tuesday 7/17): Google and Microsoft launched Infrastructure-as-a-Service offerings and all eyes stayed fixed on the continuing promise of SNDs and data analytics.
- Mobile (published Wednesday 7/18): Apple and Google still dominate the smartphone space, but look out for Microsoft, which finally has some muscle behind its mobile strategy.
- Connected Consumer (published Thursday 7/19): Microsoft and Google unveiled their own tablet hardware, and Facebook began laying the groundwork to add payment processing to its platform.
- Social (published Friday 7/20): Facebook’s IPO failed to pop while Microsoft innovated social search and social-enterprise M&A abounded.