With so many people writing about Apple(s AAPL), finding the best stories and reports isn’t easy. Here’s our daily pick of stories about the company from around the Web that you shouldn’t miss:
- Apple became has been the most valuable public company by market capitalization for months. But, as MacRumors, noted today, it now has the distinction of being the most valuable publicly traded company of all time (not counting inflation) when its market cap hit $619.37 on Monday.
- In response to a security report last week that text messages aren’t completely secure, Apple tells Engadget that yes, SMS in general can be spoofed, and that for better security, users should please use iMessage instead.
- Asymco looks at the numbers and how the iPad is ramping up way quicker than the iPhone: “At the same point in time, and adjusting for seasonality the iPad is outselling the iPhone by a factor of 3 and the iPod touch by a factor of about 5.”
- AdvertisingAge examines what brought on the “hysterically negative reactions” to Apple’s “Genius” TV ads — and defends the intent of the ads.
- Is Apple readying for direct sales of Macs, iPhones and iPads in Russia? Russia Today reports on the signs that Apple is getting ready for such a move in 2013.