Another week gone and what does that mean? A weekend of some good reads. Here are my picks for this weekend. Hope you enjoy them as much as I did.
- Seduced and Abandoned: The lurid details of how Rupert Murdoch’s 14-year marriage with Wendy Dang unraveled. Vanity Fair really knows how to dig for dirt.
- How Suzanne Vega took control of her music: She shares her secrets with Music Week in this amazing interview. I loved reading it.
- The philosophical anthropology of 1 percent: A humble rant turned into an intellectual argument by William Davies, author of forthcoming book, The Limits of Neoliberalism.
- Facebook’s plan to conquer the world with crappy phones and bad networks: This Mat Honan special is worth reading.
- Silicon Valley’s Circus of innovation: Writing for Aeon magazine, Venkatesh Rao argues for the boom-bust-bubble approach of Silicon Valley.
- An inconvenient billionaire: Tom Steyer is using his billions to get in the face of climate change deniers. Good for him.
- South Sudan is fighting itself again: Some things don’t change, old enmities among them.