Many businesses that have outsourced mobile apps to agencies or run “one-off” app development efforts at the department level have realized that mobile development is of strategic importance. As they take development in-house and build a comprehensive mobile strategy, businesses are forced to address platform choices, design tradeoffs, and staffing and skill shortages. Many of these choices carry lock-ins, and all of them can have profound impacts on their mobile success and profitability. To negotiate these concerns, businesses must understand their fundamental goals, resources and customers.
In this webinar, our panel will discuss:
- What challenges and common mistakes do businesses face as they fully embrace mobile application development?
- What strategic and business considerations must businesses address before choosing a development plan?
- What are the fundamental differences between native, hybrid, and mobile web development?
- How should businesses address cross-platform development?
- What should developers look for in a cloud service?
- What are the staffing and operational implications of various development strategies?
- How can businesses plan for the future and other developments without sacrificing time to market today?
- David S. Linthicum, SVP, Cloud Technology Partners
- Rich Morrow, founder / head geek, quicloud LLC
- Janakiram MSV, Principal Analyst | Head – Cloud Infrastructure Services, Janakiram & Associates | Aditi Technologies
- Sean Allen, Director of Product Marketing, Outsystems
Register here to join Gigaom and OutSystems for “Moving Beyond Native / Hybrid / HTML5: Building the Right Mobile App Development Strategy,” a free analyst webinar on Thursday, October 23, 2014, at 10 a.m. PT.