While product and application development are embracing continuous deployment, DevOps, and other highly-automated agility-focused methodologies, the back office – the “business behind the business” – remains in the past. Human resources, Legal, and Accounting are the last remaining strongholds of labor-intensive manual processes, and the costs are very real. Manual workflows slow negotiations, which can lead to lost deals or high-demand employee prospects. Human error and inconsistency can create legal and compliance liabilities, and a lack of archivability reduces knowledge capture and training.
In this webinar, our panel will discuss these topics:
- How do most businesses manage contracts and workflows?
- What are the compliance and operational impacts of these processes, and how do they interact with agility-focused efforts elsewhere in a company?
- What can managers designing back office processes learn from modern dev and lean startup methodology? Which lessons don’t translate as well?
- How can businesses introduce automation into their workflows and how can they encourage user (and manager) adoption?
- Where do social media conventions apply, and where do they fall short?
- Cormac Foster, Research Director, Gigaom Research
- Lydia Loizides, Strategy & Business Planning Consultant
- Philip Sheldrake, Managing Partner, Euler Partners
Register here to join Gigaom Research and Adobe for “Automating Operations: Digitizing Back Office Communications,” a free analyst webinar on Tuesday, November 4, 2014, at 10 a.m. PT.