Mobile developers are being asked to do more, with less, on a faster timetable. Many are already in over their heads. What began as a one-app, one-device pilot has mushroomed into a complex chain of dependencies and a seemingly limitless number of targeted platforms, stretching internal resources and compromising quality and productivity.
To meet these issues head-on, organizations must create internal work structures and teams capable of delivering quality software to a number of platforms on an ongoing basis, and have the tools to do so in a scalable, cost-effective fashion.
In this webinar, our panel will address these questions:
- How are existing mobile development teams structured, and how did they get that way?
- What are the business realities of cross-platform development?
- What financial, operational, and technical challenges does cross-platform development bring?
- How much code and design can applications share across platforms?
- How should businesses manage and integrate third-party application development?
- How should businesses approach the “custom vs. integrated point solutions vs. full platform” question?
- What features should businesses look for in a development platform?
- Cormac Foster, Research Director, Gigaom Research
- Rich Morrow, founder / head geek, quicloud LLC
- David S. Linthicum, SVP, Cloud Technology Partners
- Burley Kawasaki, Senior Vice President, Kony
Register here to join Gigaom Research and Kony for “Building Mobile Apps for Scale and Profit: Mobile Application Development Platforms,” a free analyst webinar on Tuesday, January 13, 2014, at 10 a.m. PT.