Watch jkOnTheRun Audio Edition #19 here (WMV format, 320×240, 85.8 MB, 34:28 minutes)
OK, we won’t win any Academy Awards for this video. I’m still limited to a 1.3 MP webcam and if you’ve ever tried to capture an LCD image from a webcam, well, let’s just say it isn’t pretty. However, if there are any DV recorder manufacturers looking for a fair and honest review, maybe we should talk! 😉
What I tried to do was go through some of the many great scenarios you provided us and then let the Q1 try and handle them. Keep that in mind as you’re watching the often dark video; the point here isn’t to show the screen in crystal-clear imagery, but to see if the Q1 can handle the everyday work that you asked about. Remember: we’re looking at the device as both concept and for hands-on usage. Having said that, here’s some of the items you’ll see in no particular order:
- Booting up into AVStation Now for media playback.
- Booting into Windows XP to show the time-frame of a boot up.
- Putting the device into Sleep mode and restoring it back to show the speed.
- Inking in OneNote 2007, Outlook 2007 and Windows Journal.
- Handwriting recognition in Windows Journal.
- A quick stop into MindJet’s MindManager (Note: I had an issue in the video, but it wasn’t the fault of the software or of the Q1. Second Note: notice that I said it was my fault without actually saying it was my fault?!?)
- Brief look at DialKeys and the Microsoft TouchPack.
- Surfing in IE7 via the LAN.
- Pulling the LAN cable out and surfing the web by using an XV6700 EV-DO Windows Mobile phone via a Bluetooth connection.
- An overview of the Samsung screen rotation
We’ll likely have some additional videos of other scenarios for the Q1, but 34 minutes of a webcam video is probably more than you can bear for now!
Please note: This video is in WMV format so it will not show up nor play in iTunes. You will have to use another podcatcher or download the show direct to view.